Our eco partner, the Project AWARE Foundation, has named the 12 finalists for the Ocean Action Project. The 12 finalists represent some truly amazing ocean action projects from all over the world. Importantly, we want to help these ocean heroes with their projects. But you hold the power to put their project in motion. Does their Ocean Action Project stand up to the competition? You be the judge!
Vote by 1st September 2012: Vote here
Your vote could be the difference between idea and action.
The 12 finalists are:
- Whale Shark Conservation in Mozambique: MarineMegaFauna Association
- The Mobile Shark Soapbox, UAE: Global Ocean
- The Marine Debris Thermometer Wall, Mozambique: Association of Coastal Conservation
- Save sharks and marine life in the Peter the Great Gulf from being trapped in lost fishing nets and killed, Russia: Dive Prim
- Project Momentum: Working with local fishing communities to help protect Indonesian Manta Rays, Tigers and Bull Sharks, Indonesia: Gili Eco Trust
- Protect Sharks & Rays in Surin National Park, Thailand: Blue Guru
- Semporna Shark Sanctuary, Malaysia: Scuba Junkies
- Clean up Lembongan and Protect our Mantas! Indonesia: Sarah Wormald & World Diving Lembongan
- Koh Tao Debris Master Plan, Thailand: Save Koh Tao Group
- Bull Shark Conservation and Youth Empowerment in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico: Fins Attached and Teens4Oceans
- Marine Debris Action Teams Create Plastic-Free Sea Turtle Habitat,Costa Rica: Dr. Chris Pincetich & PRETOMA
- Community Based Shark Conservation Research To Guide Marine Protected Area Design, Galapagos Islands, Maximilian Hirschfeld
Voting ends on 1st September at 7pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time). The projects with the most votes will receive funding from Project AWARE and become official Ocean Action Projects. Vote here.